Green tea salt scrub
Green tea salt scrub
Baking soda is a very effective raw material. Often, its effectiveness is not understood. Baking soda is used for purposes for what it is not mentioned. It is easy to spoil skin or hair by using baking soda. That is why I do not give any instruction how to make deodorant or any hair care tips related to baking soda.
In peeling creams, Baking soda is a class of its own. Baking soda has the ability to remove dead tissues from the skin. I gave the Coconut Baking soda scrub recipe here. Baking soda is good for removing acne-left sloughs from the skin. Calluses on the hands and elbows are easy to remove, when using baking soda to soften them first.
In this next recipe I have laced baking soda with green tea. Green tea is highly antioxidant and skin-brightening. It also cleans skin pores from sebum and dead skin cells. Green tea removes excessive redness from the skin and soothes the skin. It prevents very effective the aging signs.
Epsom salt contains high levels of magnesium. Magnesium is able to penetrate through the skin to the muscles. Your muscles will be relaxed wonderfully during peeling. Blood circulation system can carry much more easier toxins away and bring the nutrients to the skin in relaxed muscles. Epsom Salt also has sulfur and oxygen. Sulfur is commonly used Treatment of acne and eczema. Even if you do not have these problems on your skin are sulfur and oxygen still in many ways useful for your skin.
For oil I chose olive oil, which is rich in antioxidants and is very suitable for body treatments. Olive oil is a favorite of many and therefore it happens to be in most people’s fridge.
I have written More about olive oil Here.
For brightening green tea Baking soda scrub you need
- 30ml Baking Soda
- 30ml Epsom salt
- 2tbsp green tea powder
- 140ml Olive oil
How to do
- Use pre-ground Japanese green tea powder.
- Mix Epsom salt, baking soda and tea powder in a bowl
- Add olive oil gradually, stirring continuously
- When the mixture is ready you can pack the peeling material in a glass container
- Use the scrub for your body only. This product is not suitable for facial treatment.
- Rub the whole body in a circular motion with a peeling cream.
- If desired, you can allow the peeling to affect the moment on the skin before you wash it off.
This peeling brightens the skin and removes dead tissues from it. If you have acne on your body you can gently rub our acne area and let the scrub to treat acne. If olive oil is unsuitable for your skin you can change the oil to say sunflower oil.
The soda instructions cannot be shared without giving you the instructions of DIY bath bombs. It is perhaps the most common cosmetic product that is produced from soda. I’ve actually made a few times the bath bombs with different instructions. Unfortunately, I have not notified the original instructions I have been using in my bathroom. However, it is not possible to make bath bombs in many different ways. All the bath bomb instructions are confusingly similar.
Bath bombs are everyone’s luxury. They are also useful because you can use a bath bomb to give yourself an instant foot bathing. Soda will detach the soles of your feet and it will be easier to rasp them smooth. In the bath the bomb works in the same way and detaches the dead tissue from the whole body.
The secret of making the bathroom bombs is the moisturizing of the powders. The powder mixture begins immediately fizzing If you put too much water on it. So, use only the shower bottle from the beginning to wet the powder. Only very little water is needed.
I have used witch hazel water. Also, plain water can be used but witch hazel water keeps better the powder ingredients together.
Flower petals and food colouring are a luxury that can be left out. You can also use only flower petals. Remember that the petals of flowers bought from a flower shop should not be used because they contain high quantities of harmful chemicals.
There is no need to use any essential oil unless you want the bath bombs smell. If you use bath bombs in your baby’s bathtub, consider using essential oils carefully.
For Bath bombs you need
- 250 Gr Baking soda
- 125 Gr citric acid powder
- 10-30ml witch hazel water in a spray bottle
- 5-10 drops of essential oils according to your preferences, optional
- Dry flower petals, a handful or two
- 2-3 drops of food color that fits the colour of the petals of the flowers, optional
- Vinyl gloves
- mold of ice cubes or chocolate-confections, silicon is the best
How to do
- Put on Vinyl Gloves
- Mix with great care citric acid powder and Baking soda
- Add if you want a few drops of essential oils and food coloring drops
- Stir the drops carefully into the mixture
- If you want to add food coloring drops: do it only at the end, “carelessly”, this way you get a very natural colour for the bath bombs
- Now follow the hardest part: start spraying gently Witch Hazel Water into the mixture
- The mixture starts fizzing immediately, but do not bother
- At the same time, mix very quickly dry and wet powder together, so that the fizzing would end as quickly as possible. I do the mixing by hand. This gives me the best touch of the mixture and I can work fast enough.
- Continue spraying and mixing until you can squeeze the powder and it stays together.
- Now add flower petals and Food coloring drops (if any)
- Stir and add the mass tightly into molds
- Let the molds dry for 24 hours and detach bath bombs from the molds.
- Now the bath bombs are completely dry and can be stored in a sealed glass container.
The bath bombs will be preserved well when protected from light in a dry place.
Use bath bombs in the bathtub or on foot baths. Self-manufactured bath bombs are a great gift idea and a souvenir.
Tip: You can also use the same recipe to prepare air fresheners for toilet. Use 20-40 drops of blue food coloring as well as 40 drops of essential oils for one dose. The best odors for toilet-fresh fruits are lemon, lime, eucalyptus and conifer scents. Witch hazel water is not needed so much. Store ready-made air fresheners in a glass container with a lid. Their odor is otherwise quickly lost.